Monday, January 17, 2011

Tuna Mini Muffins

This recipe is always a hit. I usualy make a double batch as they are gone as soon as I put them on the table.
Today I didn't have enough eggs for the double batch. Instead of 8 eggs I used 5 plus one egg yolk (left over from the Peanut Muffins that I made) and they came out perfect.

1 can Tuna in brine - drained
50 gr. Tomatoe paste
60gr creme fraiche
4 eggs
90 gr cheese (any type)
Salt and Pepper according to taste
Fresh Parsley (about half a handful)
1 small onion

Heat the oven to 175°C
Put everything in a mixer. Put on high and mix until everything is liquid and no chunks are left. Pour into 20 mini-muffin tins (I use flexible ones so I don't have to prepare them), fill them about 3/4.
Put into oven for 20 minutes or an inserted tooth pick comes out just about clean. Take out of the oven and let them sit in the tin for about 5-10 minutes before turning them out. Let them cool completely.

I serve them this week with a salad.

TIP: These really have to be eaten cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment