Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Apple and Cinnamon Cake

A while ago, I wanted to try a new cake recipe so I searched the net (great place to find ideas), found something that sounded decent enough, changed it around to suit my taste and ingredients that I had on hand (I doubt that I EVER stick to a recipe...) My husband loved it, and he isn't the biggest fan of apple cake.

1.5 cups oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 cups flour
6 small apples, peeled and diced
1 cup each chopped hazelnuts or walnuts and raisins
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp each rum flavor, vanilla flavor, baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 175°C. Prepare either three English cake baking tins (those long thin ones) or a large baking tin.
Mix together the oil, the sugar, the eggs, the flour, cinnamon, salt, rum and vanilla flavor as well as the baking soda. Mix until combined. Add the hazelnuts, raisins and apples and fold under. It will seem to be too dry, but don't worry.
Bake until ready - about 45 minutes if you are using several small baking tins or 75 minutes if you are making it in the large one.
The cake is even better the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment