Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Best Banana Bread Ever


I tried this recipe that has been lying around my recipe box for a while. I tweaked it a bit (nothing else expected from me). What can I say, this was soooooo delicious. My kids really loved it and my husband, who hates bananas, found that they were eatable and nice…. To quote him “tastes like bread”

1/4 cup oil
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
3-4 mashed banana
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour one English cake pan (the long thin ones).
Cream oil and sugar, eggs and bananas together. Add flour and soda, stirring just until combined (you don’t want to over mix it).
Pour into a prepared pan and bake at 175 degrees C for about 1 hour (or till toothpick comes out clean). Remove from pan and let cool, store in refrigerator or freeze.
Tip: If you want muffins, fill them into muffins tins (fill up only ¾) and bake it for about 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment