Sunday, August 5, 2012

Creamy Tomato-Salmon Gnocci

Went pantry shopping yesterday :) I had smoked salmon in the fridge that I originally wanted to use for Sushi but knew in the deepest of hearts that there is no way I will be making any this week. I also had Gnoccies lying around that I had not used as I wanted (frying them with onions and serving them with a salad and steaks).
The other thing I had was spring onions - I bought some to plant it. I still had some left over after I potted them. And last but not least, there was some cooking cream that needed to be used up or binned soon... Soooo this is what I came up with. It was quick, totally yummi (my kids loved it!!! My DD actually asked for seconds) and will feed four adults.


You will need:

6-8 springs onions, green and white part cut into fine rings
1 tbsp olive oil
2 handfull cherry tomatoes, halfed
200gr smoked salmon, cut into stripes
1 pack cooking cream (15%) - it is about 1 cup. (you can of course use 10% or 35%, I just used what I had at home).
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt to taste
2 packages gnocci

Cook Gnocci according to instructions. When ready drain.

While the Gnoccis are getting readdy, heat the olive oil in a pot. Add spring onions and fry gently for about 2 minutes.
Add the tomoates and fry until they get a little bit wrinkled (about 3 min). Stir frequently.
Add the salmon and fry for another minute.
Add the cream and bring the mixture to a boil. Season with nutmeg and salt. I personally don't need the salt as I find that the salmon is salty enough as it is.
Mix in the Gnocci and serve.

Tip: If you have any leftover, you can heat the whole thing up by adding just a little bit of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment